Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Heroes Con 2007 Sketches

I have a monster themed sketch book and here are some of the great sketches I got this year.
Click on a picture to get the full effect. I hope to be able to post a little more about the con in a day or so - I had a blast. I also plan to scan in the sketch I got from 70's artist extraordinary Nick Cardy!


The Candlemaker by Richard Case, the infamous world-destroying monster from his and Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol. Richard actually did this for me last year and it's a great start to the sketch book.

Paul Hornschemeier, author of The Three Paradoxes (review coming soon), Mother Come Home, and many other quality works, draws a fearsome creature reminiscent of his cover to Let Us Be Perfectly Clear.
Eric Powell does the Hombre del Lagardo from The Goon.
Brian Hurtt of The Damned drew a boss demon.
Jeremy Haun - The Leading Man and Battle Hymn draws a Chtuluian nightmare.
Andy Runton, of Owly fame, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet draws one of the cutest monsters ever.




Georges Jeanty of The American Way and current Buffy artist draws a fearsome creature that seems right at hom in the Buffy-verse.

Kyle Baker (Plastic Man, Nat Turner) had a blast drawing Fin Fang Foom.


Dean Trippe, featured in Superior Showcase #1 (Adhouse) drew the Yeti. He said he almost made it the "confetti yeti", which sounded like a cool idea to me.
Andy Kuhn of Firebreater fame drew this fearsome Frankenstein.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home